Friday, July 07, 2006

Business trip!

Tomorrow I leave for a long business trip. I suppose it's not long as trips go, but I will be 2,000 miles away for 6 days, during which I will probably work 70 hours. It's nothing compared to a doctor, I know, but it is draining!

In the next week...
I will sleep next to a person I hardly know.
I will eat breakfast, simply because I can get it paid for.
I will walk miles and miles daily in uncomfortable heels.
I will smile and nod while people I think are crazy rant.
I will ask many questions I already know the answers to.
I will take seemingly as many notes as in a whole semester of college.
I will eat every meal in the presence of people I don't know, and be forced to do it with grace.
I will probably be subjected only to FOX News, if any television.
I will get trapped in many conversations with no escape.
My life will be completely about business, and my soul will cry for freedom.

This is my reality. Acknowledge it. Feel it. Be glad it's not yours.
Happy Trails!

3 Comments:

Blogger marcia said...

Wow and think of all the adventures you had once you got there... screaming in your sleep, water spilling, pirates ... and maybe some new kinda-friends?

4:34 PM  
Blogger Uhmanduh said...

I know! I even forced ceej to watch The Colbert Report!

1:38 AM  
Blogger DeWayne Hamby said...

I remember this. You got your picture made with Strawberry Shortcake. It was all worth it, huh?

11:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home